Ramadan Kareem: Read What Acting President Osinbajo Sends Powerful Message To All Muslims

Forum 6 years ago

Ramadan Kareem: Read What Acting President Osinbajo Sends Powerful Message To All Muslims

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has appealed to Nigerians especially Muslims to use the period of Ramadan for reflection on national challenges and join forces with the Buhari administration to overcome them.

He gave the advice in his message to felicitate with the Muslim community in Nigeria as they join other faithful across the world to commence Ramadan, the holy month of fasting and prayer.

The Acting President implored Muslims to seek maximum benefits from the Ramadan period by replicating the teachings of the Holy Prophet in all their engagements, both private and public.

He urged Muslims to use the Ramadan to renew their commitments to the virtues of love and peace taught by the Holy Prophet Muhammad, and also works towards achieving them.

He noted that the period was one for spiritual perseverance, temperance, introspection and retrospection with the Almighty Allah.

The Acting President called on Nigerians to continue to pray for President Muhammadu Buhari and the nation in general.

Osinbajo, while wishing the Muslim faithful blessed Ramadan, urged them to also remember the less privileged in the society during the special period.

According to an earlier report by Naij.com, the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has declared Saturday, May 27, as 1st Ramadan, 1438 AH, signifying the commencement of the annual long-month fast by Muslims.

Abubakar announced the sighting of the new moon in Sokoto, on Friday, in a broadcast.

The Sultan said that the new moon was sighted in various states of the country including Kebbi, Lagos, Adamawa, Bauchi, Delta, Cross River and Benue.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 17 hours ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 17 hours ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 1 day ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

I
Forum | 2 days ago

I'm Coming For You - Odumeje Sends Strong Message To Poco Lee