Disable Ad-blockers, "Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Omg: The Percentage of NCE Holders Who Cannot Deliver Quality Teaching in Classroom Will Shock You

Forum 7 years ago

Omg: The Percentage of NCE Holders Who Cannot Deliver Quality Teaching in Classroom Will Shock You

The Principal of Marafa Comprehensive School, Marafa Estate, Kaduna, Mr Bayo Yusuf, has said on Wednesday majority of holders of the National Certificate in Education (NCE) cannot deliver quality teaching in classroom.

According to Vanguard, Yusuf said in an interview in Kaduna that 90 per cent of NCE holders he had come across have no mastery of their subjects and cannot therefore impart quality knowledge to their students.

“In series of interviews for employment in my school, only one out of 10 demonstrate proficiency in their subject.”

He lamented that the quality of teachers that come out of teachers training institutions have been on the downward trend in the country.

Yusuf blamed the development on lack of adequate and quality teachers at the training institutions and neglect of the teaching profession by government.
[ads4]
The principal also attributed the problem to the lack of interest in the teaching profession, as those admitted to Colleges of Education were students who largely failed to secure admission to other tertiary institutions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 week ago

Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba admission forms, 2024/2025

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

FCET Umunze notice to NCE students
Forum | 2 weeks ago

FCET Umunze notice to NCE students