Oshiomhole to Run for Presidency

Forum 9 years ago

Oshiomhole to Run for Presidency

The Edo State Commissioner for Information and National Orientation, Mr. Loius Odion, Wednesday said the state Governor, Adams Oshiomhole’s presence in the 2015 presidential race offers the greatest hope for Nigeria and translated to the emancipation of the country from the current “bondage.”

Speaking with journalists in Benin, Mr Odion said the governor had decided to join the presidential race, following the calls from various quartres of the country to liberate Nigeria from the current bondage.

“It is not a rumour. It is a fact; Oshiomhole is in the race. But if you expect the kind of jamboree that is currently taking place, where people embark on road shows, promising heaven and earth, Oshiomole is not going to do that.

“I can tell you he is in the race and it is in the response of the yearnings of well meaning Nigerians that our country needs somebody of his pedigree at this point of our history to move Nigeria forward,” he said.

He stated that although some prominent Nigerians had indicated their interest in the race in their various capacities, the governor stood taller because “Oshiomhole is the only one who offers a pan-Nigerian perspective” and whose competence was hinged on leadership integrity.

The commissioner noted that Oshiomhole had the opportunity of leading the Nigeria Labour Congress for eight years and acquitted himself creditably as the most successful labour leader in post-colonial Nigeria.

Odion explained, “As a journalist myself, I take time out to read reports and I have looked at the parade of some of the APC leaders who have so far declared interest in Presidency within the APC.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension
Forum | 5 days ago

APC Reacts to Claims That Presidency Is Involved In Ganduje’s Suspension

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer
Forum | 1 week ago

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer

Mali breaks Super Eagles’ eight-game unbeaten run after victory in Marrakech
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Mali breaks Super Eagles’ eight-game unbeaten run after victory in Marrakech

Two Siblings Perish In Bauchi House Fire After Their Mother Locked Them Inside Room To Run Errands
Forum | 1 month ago

Two Siblings Perish In Bauchi House Fire After Their Mother Locked Them Inside Room To Run Errands