Ex-Sports Minister, Adedoja, Vows Not To Give Up On Oyo Gov. Ambition

Forum 9 years ago

Ex-Sports Minister, Adedoja, Vows Not To Give Up On Oyo Gov. Ambition

One of the leading governorship aspirants on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for Oyo State and former Minister of Sports and Special Duties, Prof.

Taoheed Adedoja, has vowed not to give up until he becomes the governor of Oyo State.
He said this at the weekend when speaking with reporters in Ibadan.

The ex-minister, who had been a governorship candidate twice in 1998 and 2007, said he would not relent until he becomes governor of the South-West State.

“Life is such that you don’t give up”, he said.
Adedoja boasted that of all the aspirants, he has the best shot at the government house because of his political experience.

Dismissing the rallies organised by some of his co-contestants as unnecessary, he hinted that until the party picked its candidate for the election, it was needless to be going about organising rallies.

“You can only seek for people’s votes after you have become the party’s candidate. Since I have declared my interest, I have not gone anywhere to campaign. I am a popular politician who is known by all. What I need to do is just to renew my relationship with them”, he said.

The ex-minister boasted that if the party chose him, it could be rest assured of nothing short of victory, adding that he was grossly under-utilised in the state, going by his antecedents and political record.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 11 hours ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

Sunday Igboho, Akintoye React To Agitators’ Invasion In Oyo Govt Secretariat
Forum | 1 day ago

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat
Forum | 1 day ago

Tension As Masked Armed Men Stormed Oyo Govt Secretariat

Forum | 1 day ago