Crowd Gather As Governor Wike Hosts Wrestling Tournament In Rivers

Forum 7 years ago

Crowd Gather As Governor Wike Hosts Wrestling Tournament In Rivers

Thousands of wrestling fans thronged the Sharks Football Stadium at the weekend to watch the First Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike Wrestling Tournament.

The Wrestling Tournament was a straight competition between Team Rivers and Team Bayelsa, with male and female wrestlers on both sides squaring up for honours.
Governor Wike led other stakeholders to watch the Wrestling Tournament which provided all forms of excitements for the fans.

The governor assured that his administration will continue to support the growth of Wrestling in the state.

He expressed satisfaction with the mammoth crowd that turned up to watch the wrestling tournament, pointing out that the sport will be revived.

In his address at the event, Rivers State Sports Commissioner, Mr Boma Iyaye noted that Rivers and Bayelsa States are known for wrestling.

He said that modalities are being worked out to ensure that the wrestling tournament becomes an annual event. He said that state government will continue to invest in other sports.

President of The Nigerian Nigerian Wrestling Federation, Daniel Igali urged the Rivers State Government to sponsor the African Wrestling Championship in 2018.

He said that the revival of wrestling in Rivers State would be fast tracked if more wrestling tournaments are hosted in the state.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers
Forum | 6 days ago

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers

Why I Approved N70,000 Minimum Wage – Governor Obaseki
Forum | 6 days ago

Why I Approved N70,000 Minimum Wage – Governor Obaseki