Synagogue’s collapsed building survivor tells his story

Forum 9 years ago

Synagogue’s collapsed building survivor tells his story

A South African named Khathuatshelo Ramovha was among the survivors of the Friday’s building collapse of the Synagogues Church of All Nations. He was in the rubbles for 13 hours before he got rescued.

Khathuatshelo who spoke to BBC says he would have been dead but was saved by a table which upturned on him. He shares his story:

Immediately when I want to start to eat, I just felt like something like a blast on the wall. I can’t explain what it is. It made a small sound; something like a wired bomb, so quick and the building was coming down. So I lost my consciousness. After probably 30 minutes or about an hour I woke up. When I woke up, I saw rubbles, so dark, no oxygen, nothing. People were screaming, people were praying, people were crying; my leg, my head. I was not feeling any pain. I was under the table for hours which my food was on top before the incident. I was under that table. Surely it is that table that saved me because when the rubble came down, it touched that table and I was under it. Probably if it touches me first, it will crush me.

On how he was rescued, he says:

[ads4]
I heard a very loud sound that broke the rubbles. They were able to get inside. When they take it out they scream; are there people there. We said yes we are here. You alive? Yes we are alive. They told us to crawl through the hole they made. And we crawled. The first lady crawled, 2nd, 3rd, I was the first male. All the first three persons were female and then they took me out.

What do you have to say?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 day ago

Submit Yourself For Probe - FG Tells Ex-Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello

Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC
Forum | 3 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees
Forum | 4 days ago

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 5 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu