‘Nigeria Will Thrive In 2017’- Ex President Jonathan Says

Forum 7 years ago

‘Nigeria Will Thrive In 2017’- Ex President Jonathan Says

Former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, has said the country will thrive in 2017.

He said this in his goodwill message to celebrate Christmas, where he urged all Nigerians to “treasure our common brotherhood”.

“The essential message of Christmas is that Christ came to earth to live and die for the purpose of reconciling us to God,” part of the message read.

“Being recipients of such good tidings, should we not appreciate this divine sacrifice by being reconciled with each other during this Yuletide season and beyond?

“My desire for Nigeria and Nigerians this Christmas is that we treasure our common brotherhood knowing that if God did not will it so, we would not have found ourselves as Nigerians.

“To God be the glory, we have survived to this point and I am more than confident that we will go on to thrive in 2017 as we work together to build a Nigeria where anyone can become anything irrespective of his region, religion or tribe.

“Merry Christmas and a happy New Year from my family and I to you and your family. May God bless Nigeria.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerian Actors, Yinka Quadri And Ogogo Finally Reconcile, ‘Hug It Out’ After Feuding For Years
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Actors, Yinka Quadri And Ogogo Finally Reconcile, ‘Hug It Out’ After Feuding For Years

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo

The Killers Of Customs Officer Hiding In Katsina Villages - Nigeria Customs Service Claims
Forum | 1 week ago

The Killers Of Customs Officer Hiding In Katsina Villages - Nigeria Customs Service Claims

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 1 week ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion