Just In: President Buhari Signs Eight Bills Into Law...See Details

Forum 7 years ago

Just In: President Buhari Signs Eight Bills Into Law...See Details

While briefing State House correspondents on Tuesday, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Ita Enang, revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari has signed eight bills into law.

The new Acts, according to him, includes;

• 1. National Judicial Institute Amendment Act 2016
  • 2. Advertising Practitioners Registration Amendment Act 2016
  • 3. Utilities Charges Commission Amendment Act 2016
  • 4. Quality Surveyors Registration Amendment Act 2016
  • 5. Small and Medium Scale Industries Development Agency Amendment Act 2016
  • 6. Treaty to Establish African Economic Community Relating to Pan African Parliament (Accession and Jurisdiction) Amendment Act 2016
  • 7. University of Abuja Amendment Act 2016
  • 8. Chartered Institute of Stock Brokers Amendment Act 2016.

He said:
“These are bills transmitted to the President, having been assented to by Mr. President and have become Acts and Laws enforceable in Nigeria.

“I used this medium to commend the National Assembly for the industry and dexterity they have shown and the concentration on the core functions of the legislature because compared to times like this in previous parliaments, I think this is the highest number of bills passed by any single parliament within its one year and six months."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion
Forum | 4 days ago

President Tinubu Mourns Victims Of Ogun Gas Explosion

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m
Forum | 4 days ago

President Bola Tinubu’s Aide, Bayo Onanuga Deletes His Tweet After Shipping Giant, Maersk, Denied Plans of Investing $600m

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part Three Trailer for Tomorrowverse Finale
Forum | 4 days ago

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part Three Trailer for Tomorrowverse Finale

Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts
Forum | 5 days ago

Justin Bieber Promotes Tems New Song, ‘Love Me Jeje’, She Reacts