Toyota tests ride-sharing with its adorable electric vehicles

Forum 9 years ago

Toyota tests ride-sharing with its adorable electric vehicles

"The sharing economy" is a buzzword that's thrown around to talk about services like AirBnBand Lyft, and now it looks as if Toyota wants in on the trend. The automaker is putting 70 electric carsinto commission in France, half of them being i-Road EVs, as spotted by Gizmodo.

Instead of competing with the existing public transit system that's in place, however, Toyota saysthis will work alongside the city of Grenoble's infrastructure making the likes of one-way trips, among other things, easier. So long as there's a drop-off station near your destination, there's no need to worry about parking or a return trip, either, apparently.

Reserving a ride can be handled with a smartphone app and rental fees start at €3 (about $4) -- cheaper than minimum fare on Uber. In the land of baguette and interested? Service starts in October.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC
Forum | 3 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Sharing Videos of Dead Colleagues Like Junior Pope - Actor Oloketuyi Warns Colleagues

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 6 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

Electricity Tariff Will Reduce If Exchange Rate Drops To N1,000/$ – Minister Of Power, Adelabu Says
Forum | 6 days ago

Electricity Tariff Will Reduce If Exchange Rate Drops To N1,000/$ – Minister Of Power, Adelabu Says