N*de selfies used as collateral for Chinese loans

Forum 7 years ago

N*de selfies used as collateral for Chinese loans

A 10-gigabyte file posted on the internet exposed the personal details of more than 160 young women who were asked to provide the explicit material to secure money through online lending platform Jiedaibao.

Launched by JD Capital in 2015, Jiedaibao allows lenders to operate anonymously but requires borrowers to reveal their real names when making transactions. Loan amounts and interest rates can be customised to meet the needs of users — often people who have a hard time accessing loans through more traditional financial institutions, like banks.

Interest on the “nude loans” reached an astonishing 30 per cent a week, according to the Global Times newspaper. Lenders told female borrowers that if they failed to repay the loans, their nude photos would be sent to their families and friends, whose information was also required for some transactions, the article said.

Material in the file put on the web last Wednesday showed some borrowers also promised to repay loans with sexual favours, according to screen captures posted on social media websites.

In a statement on its official Twitter-like Weibo account, Jiedaibao said it had tracked down the accounts of several borrowers through photos and ID information circulated online and had frozen the suspected lenders’
accounts. “The ‘nude loans’ deals were mainly initiated and completed offline, and Jiedaibao only played the role of a money transfer platform in the deals,” the statement said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty
Forum | 5 days ago

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I
Forum | 6 days ago

I Used Bleaching Cream For Over 15 Years, I'm Just 35 And I Look Older Than My Age Now - Lady Laments

I Did Sub For Him, He Used It To Break Up With Me – Lady Chooses Hypo Over Boyfriend Who Dumped Her
Forum | 1 week ago

I Did Sub For Him, He Used It To Break Up With Me – Lady Chooses Hypo Over Boyfriend Who Dumped Her

Five Arrested As Navy Uncovers Building Used For Illegal Fuel Depot In Lagos
Forum | 1 week ago

Five Arrested As Navy Uncovers Building Used For Illegal Fuel Depot In Lagos