‘I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Donald Trump’s Inauguration Day’- Wole Soyinka Says

Forum 7 years ago

‘I Will Hold A Private Funeral On Donald Trump’s Inauguration Day’- Wole Soyinka Says

Revered playwright and Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, says he will hold a private funeral on January 20 when United States President-elect, Donald Trump, is inaugurated as President.

Soyinka, who spoke in Lagos on Monday, explained that the funeral is not to mourn with the citizens of the US over their choice of president but to mourn the death of Nigeria’s common sense.

“Our common sense is totally lost. I am embarrassed sometimes that I occupy the same nation space with some people,” he said.

He also said Nigerians did not have the right to query his personal decision to tear his US green card.

Details later…

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan
Forum | 6 days ago

Tron: Ares Visual Effects Will ‘Push Forward What Can Be Done,’ Says Cameron Monaghan

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife
Forum | 6 days ago

I Was Sent Out Of My Husband’s House Day He Died – Nollywood Actor Ajigijaga’s Wife

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe
Forum | 1 week ago

Happy Death Day 3 Update Given by Jessica Rothe

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 week ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me