Brazilian Goalkeeper Who Initially Survived Plane Crash, Made Heartbreaking Final Call to Wife Minutes Before He Died

Forum 7 years ago

Brazilian Goalkeeper Who Initially Survived Plane Crash, Made Heartbreaking Final Call to Wife Minutes Before He Died

A Brazilian footballer pulled alive from the Colombian air disaster made a final call to his wife from hospital just minutes before dying from his injuries.

Chapecoense goalkeeper Danilo Padilha was one of just seven survivors found in the wreckage of the jet.

The 31-year-old spoke to his heartbroken wife by phone while receiving treatment in hospital – but died from his injuries shortly after.

He had posted a picture just weeks ago next to his partner describing her as “my love”.

Haunting footage from inside the doomed jet posted online showed him posing with teammate Alan Ruschel, 27, adding: “In not long, we’ll be arriving in Colombia. We’re coming Colombia.”

Other passengers can be seen behind relaxing and sleeping.

The Bolivian Lamia plane crashed in the Colombian countryside after suffering from electrical problems.

A total of 76 people were killed including the vast majority of Brazilian football team Chapecoense.

The survivors include three footballers, a journalist and the two crew members.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 2 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring

Portable Continues To Drag His Wife Over Her Birthday Post
Forum | 3 days ago

Portable Continues To Drag His Wife Over Her Birthday Post

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses
Forum | 4 days ago

Why I Killed 80-Year-Old Man And His Wife In Abuja – Suspect Confesses

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage
Forum | 5 days ago

Wife In Pain as Cheating Husband Infects Her With HIV Five Months After Marriage