InIbadan Tanker explosion leaves one dead, 12 vehicles destroyed

Forum 7 years ago

InIbadan Tanker explosion leaves one dead, 12 vehicles destroyed

One person has been reported dead following a fuel tanker explosion along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

A fully loaded tanker which burst into flames in Ibadan, Oyo state, has claimed the life of one person and setting other vehicles on fire.

The incident which occurred on Sunday, November 27, on the Lagos-Ibadan highway, saw thirty shops, four trailers and 12 commercial vehicles destroyed and other commuters injured, Daily Post reports.

ALSO READ: 4 confirmed dead in tanker explosion

According to the reports, the incident took place at about 6:30am and was caused by a truck bound with registration number KZR 418 XA, loaded with wheat and bound for Jigawa state.

Daily Post reports that, during an attempt to overtake another truck carrying pasta and noodles, the driver of the Jigawa-bound truck lost control and rammed into an NIPCO fuel tanker parked on the side of the road.

The fuel tanker immediately burst into flames, made worse by the fuel which spilt on the road.

The driver of one of the trailers with registration number, JJJ 363 XB identified as Nurudeen Alimi, said: “I parked my truck by the roadside to check a faulty engine. Then I saw a wheat-laden trailer trying to overtake another trailer.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie
Forum | 4 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie

Residents Ignore Explosion Threat, Scoop Fuel From Fallen Tanker in Ed
Forum | 2 days ago

Residents Ignore Explosion Threat, Scoop Fuel From Fallen Tanker in Ed

I Destroyed My Ex-Boyfriend’s Car For Being Reluctant To Marry Me – BBTitans Star, Yvonne Says
Forum | 5 days ago

I Destroyed My Ex-Boyfriend’s Car For Being Reluctant To Marry Me – BBTitans Star, Yvonne Says

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 week ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement