Chaos in Ibadan as Tanker Explosion Rocks the Ancient City... The Damage Caused is Horrible

Forum 7 years ago

Chaos in Ibadan as Tanker Explosion Rocks the Ancient City... The Damage Caused is Horrible

One person has died a tragic death in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Sunday as several others were wounded.

This is after a fully loaded tanker burst into flames on the Lagos-Ibadan highway.

Daily Post repoerts that up to thirty shops, four trailers and 12 commercial vehicles were destroyed, even as several other commuters were injured.

The incident, which occurred at 6:30 am, was said to have been caused by a Jigawa-bound truck, registered as KZR 418 XA, loaded with wheat.

It was gathered that the truck’s driver lost control while trying to overtake another truck carrying pasta and noodles.

The front section of the Jigawa-bound truck, eyewitnesses said, came off, ramming into a NIPCO fuel tanker parked on the roadside.

The fuel tanker burst into flames when its content spilled on the road.

Nurudeen Alimi, driver of a trailer registered JJJ 363 XB, owned by a logistics company said: “I parked my truck by the roadside to check a faulty engine. Then I saw a wheat-laden trailer trying to overtake another trailer.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 6 hours ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race

FA Cup: Man City defeat Chelsea, qualify for final
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: Man City defeat Chelsea, qualify for final