Reactions trail Akeredolu’s victory as Jimoh Ibrahim mocks Fani-Kayode (watch victory dance)

Forum 7 years ago

Reactions trail Akeredolu’s victory as Jimoh Ibrahim mocks Fani-Kayode (watch victory dance)

Reactions are currently trailing the victory recorded by Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) over his co-contenders in the Ondo governorship election just conducted.

While the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was about ending the announcement of the results from the various local government areas, Akeredolu said he was humbled.

akeredolu
Akeredolu after voting during the governorship election

He thanked the people of the state for considering him worthy to be their governor.

One of the first reactions came from prominent lawyer, Festus Keyamo, who posted his message on Twitter.

According to Keyamo, “With d result of Ondo state, the PDP should know by now that rebranding goes beyond mocking the APC with a musical video of apes playing guitars.”

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had a major crisis all through the electioneering with the Supreme Court only coming to its rescue few days to the exercise.

Calls by the party and other Nigerians that the election be postponed proved abortive as INEC said it was fully prepared and that only a court could stop it.

Jimoh Ibrahim, the businessman who was a factional candidate of the PDP till until the ruling of the Supreme Court, used the opportunity of his congratulatory message to mocked former aviation minister and critic, Femi Fani-Kayode.

Fani-Kayode had from the onset rejected the candidature of Jimoh Ibrahim and even called the businessman gay and a spoiler.

While congratulating Akeredolu, Ibrahim said he knew Jegede would lose for allowing the support from Fani-Kayode.

“I had no doubt that Jegede would lose as Femi Fani-Kayode was supporting him. If you want to win any election, pay Femi not to support you,” he said.

“I have no doubt that you will urgently create hope for our people; kindly do whatever you can to assist your lovely civil servants. I saw poverty in those villages I visited during campaign. Please kindly assist traditional rulers as much as you can.”

He also warned Akeredolu to stay away from Governor Olusegun Mimiko of the state. “I will advise you to quickly maintain distance from Mimiko if you want to succeed,” he said in a Twitter message.

On his part, Richard Akinnola, a lawyer, congratulated Akeredolu even though he said he supported PDP’s Eyitayo Jegede.

“From the exit polls results so far, it’s obvious that the APC candidate, Aketi is coasting to victory. And l congratulate him.

“It has been a hard-fought election. I don’t regret supporting you my dear aburo, Eyitayo. It was based on conviction, having known you for over 40 years.

“You are a decent, urbane and intelligent man. Even during the last minute legal battles, you never betrayed any emotion and never resorted to angry and inflammatory statements, even against your main traducer who was working for your opposition.

“Your one month political hiatus, occasioned by the deliberately contrived judicial subterfuge, till the legal siege was lifted barely three days to the polls, made you lose substantial grounds.

“But despite this obvious disadvantage, you put up a fantastic performance. I am so proud of you and have no scintilla of regret for supporting you.

“Yes, it is natural to be despondent and melancholic over an electoral defeat. That was how l felt in 1983 when Chief Bola Ige of the UPN, lost to Dr Olunloyo of the NPN in the Oyo state governorship election.

“But as a disciple of politics without bitterness as espoused by Alhaji Waziri Ibrahim of the GNPP during the Second Republic, l say all things work together for good. Nothing spoil. No shaking. I wish Ondo state well,” Akinnola said.

My dear Egbon @RotimiAkeredolu, Congratulations. I will advise you to quickly maintain distance from Mimiko if you want to succeed.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai
Forum | 8 mins ago

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai

Ebonyi Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Arrest Four Suspects For Transformer Theft (Photos)
Forum | 23 hours ago

Ebonyi Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Arrest Four Suspects For Transformer Theft (Photos)

Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle
Forum | 2 days ago

Enugu Neighbourhood Watch Operatives Shoot Dead Restaurant Owner, Youths Burn Patrol Vehicle

Yul Edochie Mocks AY Makun Over Failed Marriage
Forum | 3 days ago

Yul Edochie Mocks AY Makun Over Failed Marriage