Alonso Warns Tottenham Ahead Of Weekend Encounter (Read What He Said)

Forum 7 years ago

Alonso Warns Tottenham Ahead Of Weekend Encounter (Read What He Said)

Chelsea full-back Marcos Alonso is confident the blues can take on Tottenham, due to their impressive six-match winning run.

Chelsea haven’t lost to Tottenham at the Stamford Bridge since 1990, their last visit to the Bridge cost them the EPL title, with Hazard equalising 2-2 late on to hand Leicester City the title.

Tottenham came back to beat West Ham 3-2, but will face Monaco in the midweek and Alonso feels that’ll be an advantage for Chelsea.

“Well, [Tottenham] in three days you can recover, very well, but maybe it can be an advantage for us,” Alonso said after Sunday’s 1-0 win over Middlesbrough saw Chelsea make it six wins and six clean sheets in a row.

“We have to think, game by game, and now we have Tottenham at home. It is going to be a massive three points for us and we have to rest now and then start getting ready for Saturday.

“Lots of people [say how big this game is], more than the players – it is the fans, [who tell me]. I know they always remind me that this London derby is special and hopefully we can get the three points on Saturday. I don’t like statistics [about unbeaten runs], but hopefully we can keep winning at home against them.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 2 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 4 days ago

Forum | 6 days ago