Be security conscious, Akpabio counsels corps members

Forum 9 years ago

Be security conscious, Akpabio counsels corps members

Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, yesterday, urged the National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, members newly deployed to the state to always be security conscious in their respective places of primary assignment.
*Akpabio
Akpabio, during the formal closing of orientation course for the 2014 ‘B’ Corps members at the NYSC permanent orientation camp, Ikot Itie Udung in Nsit Atai Local Government Area of the state, also urged them to shun acts capable of jeopardizing the peace of the state and Nigeria as a whole.
The governor, represented by the Commissioner for Youths and Sports, Mr. Monday Uko charged the corps members to place premium on their health as HIV/AIDs and Ebola Virus Disease, EVD, poses a great challenge to mankind today.
“I want to use this medium to caution you to be very careful in your daily conduct as these infections are incurable as of now. As educated people, we expect you to be in the vanguards against the spread of the disease. Prevention is better than cure, therefore, I enjoin you to remain focused and prayerful.
“Nigeria is in dire need of productive, God-fearing and focused youths, who will propel her to greater heights. The unemployment scourge is a challenge both for the government and the private sector, but I urge you not to despair even in the face of challenges. The service year offers you a platform to prepare for the future.
“I want to specifically advice you to pursue skill acquisition programmes during your primary assignment in order to increase your capacity to meet global socio-economic challenges of the 21st century. On our part, the state government will not relent in paying adequate attention to the welfare of corps members,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Heavy Security As Court Rules On Bail Of Governor Adeleke’s Ally, Oyeyemi
Forum | 2 days ago

Heavy Security As Court Rules On Bail Of Governor Adeleke’s Ally, Oyeyemi

Drama As Side Chick And Her Family Members Allegedly Attack Lover
Forum | 4 days ago

Drama As Side Chick And Her Family Members Allegedly Attack Lover's Wife In Borno

Security Operatives Arrest Two Suspected Yoruba Nation Agitators
Forum | 4 days ago

Security Operatives Arrest Two Suspected Yoruba Nation Agitators

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 1 week ago

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares