Mourinho Mocks Wenger For Failing To Win The EPL In 18 Years

Forum 7 years ago

Mourinho Mocks Wenger For Failing To Win The EPL In 18 Years

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has taken a jab at Arsene Wenger ahead of Arsenal’s visit to Old Trafford on Saturday, November 19.

The 53-year-old went on to lament that he is not given enough respect in English football as he could not resist another swipe at long-time rival Arsene Wenger.

Wenger has never defeated a Jose Mourinho-tutored side in the English Premier League but the Manchester United coach feels he should personally get the accolades.

“I think Mr Wenger is given great respect and I don’t think I am,” Mourinho stated. The manager went on to troll the Gunners manager questioning why his side have failed to win the league over the years.

“My last Premier League title was 18 months ago. Not 18 years. But I don’t think I get that respect. It’s not because of this that I do or don’t sleep well at night. I just follow my way,” he boasted.

The coach also reiterated his commitment to the United project, saying he joined the club to win the EPL title once again.

“I want to win my ninth league title and my fourth in England. “I am at the club where I want to be, it’s as simple as that. “When I was sacked at Chelsea last season I had lots of offers.

“I could have been working one week after. I could have been working at some of the biggest clubs in Europe. But I waited.

I want to be champion at every club I work at. I want to do that at Manchester United. I want to win here. I didn’t sign a one year contract, I signed for three.

Recall that Arsenal last won the EPL title at the 2003/2004 season when the club finished unbeaten.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players

EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Thiago Silva receives three offers to join Chelsea’s rivals

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: Sneijder warns Klopp’s replacement against signing many Dutch players