Chai! Nigerian Polytechnic Student in Hot Soup for Stealing Underground Cables

Forum 7 years ago

Chai! Nigerian Polytechnic Student in Hot Soup for Stealing Underground Cables

Uzairu Sulaimon, a polytechnic student, has been arrested.

He was arrested by operatives of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command for vandalising underground armoured cables at Maitama, Abuja.

Accoridng to The Punch, the 24-year old ordinary diploma computer science student was nabbed as he emerged from a manhole where he stole the cables. His accomplice, identified as Muar, however escaped.

Sulaimon told Northern City News at the FCT Police Command that it was the second time he vandalised underground cables, which they sold to some unidentified traders in Apo market.

He stated that he was given N10,000 as his share by Umar, adding that he worked for Umar.

The suspect stated that he used to be a commercial motorcyclist but took to crime when officials of the FCT Directorate of Road Traffic Services, otherwise known as Vehicle Inspection Officers, confiscated his motorcycle about three months ago.

Sulaimon said, “I am a student of a polytechnic in Zamfara but I decided to come to Abuja after the school was shut down. I was engaged by Umar to cut armoured cables which we sold to some traders. We usually burned the cables and sold the wires inside it.”

Exhibits recovered from Sulaimon included a cutter, rolls of armoured cables and a Volkswagen Golf car.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation
Forum | 3 days ago

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music