I’ll disown dad if he rejoins PDP –El-Rufai’s son

Forum 9 years ago

I’ll disown dad if he rejoins PDP –El-Rufai’s son

Bello, an older son of a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir el-Rufai, has threatened to disown his father, if he attempts to defect from the All Progressives Congress to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

The younger el-Rufai was reacting to the recent defection of a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, from the APC to the PDP.

He stated that despite Ribadu’s move to the PDP, he would always have a bias for him, but warned his father against following in the footsteps of the ex-anti-corruption czar, noting that el-Rufai would never enjoy such a honour from him.

According to Bello, the PDP is the “main problem” with Nigeria as he described it as a “poisonous party” capable of exerting negative influence on its members.

Writing on Twitter, he argued that defection for “political advancement” is shameful, adding that it was unfortunate that the development was fast becoming a reality in Nigeria’s flawed political system.

“The PDP is not the only thing wrong with Nigeria. But it is certainly more complex than that. However, it is the main problem right now. I will personally decamp from my father’s side if he moves to the PDP.

“I say this because I know he will never entertain the thought. He will not even provide the opportunity for the henchmen of the ruling party to “woo” him,” Bello wrote on Twitter.

He descended on critics of the APC, saying political commentators and analysts should not compare a party that is about a year old and another that has “held and abused power for 14 years.”

Noting that he would have been elated if Ribadu, who he fondly referred to as “Uncle Nuhu”, had furthered his political ambition on the platform of the APC, he stated that he was quite confident that Adamawa State would develop under his rule.
[ads4]
Insisting that Ribadu would be a better leader at the helms of affairs in Adamawa, than the immediate past Governor, Murtala Nyako, he added that he would never campaign for his candidature.

“I will always have a bias for Uncle Nuhu. And I certainly cannot begrudge the people of Adamawa on the development he could bring.

“The main battle is not the PDP waiver. It is the internal wrangling with other “gladiators” like Buba Marwa, Marcus Gunduri and Umar Ardo.

“It is also easier to finance an election and raise money from the same people he (Ribadu) persecuted if he is in the PDP. As the APC/PDP games and intrigues go on, may God protect the masses.

“Do I want Uncle Nuhu to become the next Governor of Adamawa? Yes. Would I have preferred if he had tried under the APC? Yes. Am I happy he has decamped to a poisonous party? No. Do I dislike him for that? No,” he added in a series of tweets.

Meanwhile, the Presidency has welcomed Ribadu into the PDP, describing his defection as a positive development to the Nigerian polity.

Special Assistant to the President on New Media, Reno Omokri, wrote on Twitter that Ribadu’s name could be likened to “honey” in modern-day Nigerian politics.

“Mallam Nuhu Ribadu is like honey. Even if you change its name, honey will still be sweet,” Omokri wrote on Twitter.

Also, the National Coordinator of the Poeples Democratic Party Youth Forum, Oche Joesph, described Ribadu’s defection to the PDP as a boost to what he described as President Jonathan’s transformation agenda.

Joseph stated on Twitter that Ribadu is more of a national figure than a local champion and will be a good addition to any political party he chooses to join.

The PDPYF leader argued that the symbol of integrity in the APC was gone, adding that the party has now been reduced to “gathering of aggrieved politicians.”

“Nuhu Ribadu has the credibility; he has exposure and the intellectual prowess to deliver! A loss to the APC is a good addition to team Transformation Agenda.

“Having men with the courage and intellectual prowess of Ribadu at the helm of affairs is a plus. Ribadu remains the greatest anti-corruption crusader Nigeria has ever produced! If you believe in him you will support his decision to dump the APC,” he tweeted.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC
Forum | 5 days ago

PDP Senator Urhoghide Decamps To APC

Sonia Ighalo Makes Claim Against Late Actor, Junior Pope And Asaba Producer
Forum | 5 days ago

Sonia Ighalo Makes Claim Against Late Actor, Junior Pope And Asaba Producer