"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Sambo Dasuki Declined Offer to Attend Father's Burial

Forum 7 years ago

Sambo Dasuki Declined Offer to Attend Father's Burial

Detained former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, declined an offer to attend his father's burial contrary to rumours being circulated in the social media, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) is reporting.

Mr. Dasuki has been in the custody of the Department of State Security, DSS since last year - 2015 over the misappropriation of arms funds in the tune of $2.1 billion.

It would be recalled that rumours emanated this morning that President Muhammadu Buhari in an act of personal vendetta will be standing in the way of Mr. Dasuki who would be interested in paying his final respect to his father, former Sultan of Sokoto, Ibrahim Dasuki.

This is in correspondence with a similar action meted to President Buhari in 1985 when he was prevented from attending the burial of his mother as a result of the post coup saga.

According to an SMS alert, Nigeria's Interior Minister, AbdulRahman Dambazau, said Dasuki declined offers to visit his late father in hospital and to be in Sokoto at the mourning period.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
My father never campaigned for me, Gov Sani is my mentor – El-Rufai’s son
Forum | 2 days ago

My father never campaigned for me, Gov Sani is my mentor – El-Rufai’s son

Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Father Arrested For Impersonating Son During UTME

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son
Forum | 3 weeks ago

JAMB arrests father writing exam for son

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Father Calls Out Reno Omokri’s Brother For Alleged R3pe His Daughter Who Is A Minor