Your crisis can’t stop Ondo guber election – APC tells PDP

Forum 7 years ago

Your crisis can’t stop Ondo guber election – APC tells PDP

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that only the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has the power to stop the conduct of the Ondo State gubernatorial election fixed for November 26.

Members of the PDP are currently on warpath over the listing of Jimoh Ibrahim as the party’s flag bearer in the coming election.

Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong took this position in Abuja on Tuesday while addressing State correspondents after meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

He was responding to a question on the threat by Governor Olusegun Mimiko that elections could not hold in a crisis situation.

Lalong said the APC was very ready for the elction and would be flagging off its campaign on Thursday.

He stated: “I don’t like joining issues with the incumbent because he is not contesting election, he is not the candidate for Ondo. I’ve said here that if they’ve issues within their party, they should go and resolve those issues within PDP. This is not a PDP matter.

“In that election, it’s not only PDP that’s contesting election, other political parties are engaged in contesting the election and the chief electoral officer is the INEC. If INEC comes and says we’re not going to conduct election because of some security issues, we’ll accept.

“But as far as we’re concerned, we’re not worried about what other political parties would say. For APC, we’re ready to contest the election, we have a candidate and we’re going into the elections in November.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 2 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election