Meet The 72-Year-Old Great-Grandmother Getting Ready For Her Primary School Certificate Examination

Forum 7 years ago

Meet The 72-Year-Old Great-Grandmother Getting Ready For Her Primary School Certificate Examination

When you are a grandmother, things such as a primary school certificate you didn’t get some decades ago doesn’t matter to you, but that’s not the case for this 72 year old great- grandmother, identified as Cheptakar Kakuko Tukongole is among the candidates sitting for the 2016 Kenya Certificate Education Examination.

Kakuko, a traditional midwife whose favourite subject is Swahili will write her exams at Chepturu Primary School this month.
While explaining her reasons for returning to school at her age, the granny said she only took up the decision to enable her communicate effectively because none of 14 children went to school.

‘None of my children went to school and I am the only person who can communicate in Kiswahili. I can also write but for them it’s a dream. It is only my last born and I who have taken up the challenge. My other 14 children have not enrolled in school but that has never discouraged us.’

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce
Forum | 21 hours ago

Oldboy TV Show in the Works at Lionsgate, Park Chan-wook to Produce

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 1 day ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 2 days ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship
Forum | 5 days ago

Young Couple Who Discovered They’re Siblings After a Year of Dating Refuse to End Relationship