Teecoks writing competition returns

Forum 7 years ago

Teecoks writing competition returns

Teecoks writing competition for secondary school students is back. The competition, which is organised by Towunmi Coker Literary Initiative, seeks to promote reading and writing culture among students.

According to the founder, Dr. Towunmi Coker, “the aim of the initiative is to inspire, develop, promote and support students in Nigerian secondary schools, who have flair for writing, aside impacting the environment through literature.”

The initiative, which began in Lagos State in 2013, would also expose participants to new technology to further improve their writing skills.

The initiative was borne out of Coker’s courage to write after winning ANA/NECO (Association of Nigerian Authors/National Examination Council) 2007 as a secondary school student. She wanted other students who love to write to develop their talent.
Call for entries began in September and would run till November 11, 2016. Participants are to centre their stories on the menace of terrorism in our world today and the word count should not be more than 1000 words, while the poetry should be on ‘the future of Africa and how best to prepare for it, and it must not be than 30 lines.

Schools that are willing to participate, but didn’t get a letter from Teecoks can make contact through the website. The competition has the support of Mobil Oil Nigeria.

First prize winner gets sash, a Tablet, five Nigerian novels, T-shirts, hoody jacket, biros, school pack etc; second prize winner would get a Tablet, four Nigerian novels, T-shirts, hoody jacket, biros, cup, a school pack, while the third prize winner will get a Tablet, three Nigerian novels, T-shirts, Hoody Jacket, biros, cup, a school pack, etc. The fourth to 10th prizewinners will go home with two Nigerian novels, hoody jacket, T-shirts, biros, cup, school pack etc

For poetry, first prize winner will get a Tablet, Nigerian novels, T-shirt, hoody/sweat jacket, biros, school pack, etc, while second to fifth winners will get Nigerian novels, T-shirt, sweat/hoody jacket, biros, school pack, etc. The school that produces the first prizewinner will be presented with a printer and other prizes. All participating schools would be given certificates.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I
Forum | 1 day ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

Benzema returns to Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

Benzema returns to Real Madrid

Skrull Rhodey Returns in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Deleted Scene
Forum | 1 day ago

Skrull Rhodey Returns in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Deleted Scene

The Social Network 2: Aaron Sorkin Writing Quasi-Sequel About Insurrection
Forum | 6 days ago

The Social Network 2: Aaron Sorkin Writing Quasi-Sequel About Insurrection