Gunmen kidnap Muslim cleric, wife, others in Kano

Forum 7 years ago

Gunmen kidnap Muslim cleric, wife, others in Kano

Some unknown gunmen have reportedly whisked away a prominent Muslim cleric, Sheikh Muhammad Madoki, while he was traveling on the Abuja-Kano Expressway on Thursday.

Madoki was said to have been abducted along with his wife, her sister and the wife of his younger brother.

BBC reports that the cleric is the head of the Sokoto state government’s charity and endowment commission.

It was learnt that the incident had been reported to the police, which had commenced investigation into the abduction.

But the Force Public Relations Officer, Donald Awunah, said he had not been briefed about the incident.

“I don’t have any information on it, I have not been briefed; maybe by tomorrow, I would have details of the incident,” he said.

Few days ago, a group of men suspected to be kidnappers engaged the police in a gun duel at the Falgore Forest in Dogua Local Government Area, LGA, of the state.

The shootout lasted for almost one hour after which the police arrested 11 suspected kidnappers, and rescued 12 kidnap victims from the dreaded forest.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, Suspended By NNPP
Forum | 2 days ago

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town
Forum | 2 days ago

How Akwa Ibom Man Abandoned His Wife And 2-Year-Old Daughter In The Village To Live With His Side Chick In The Town

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion
Forum | 2 days ago

Gunmen Storm LG Secretariat In Ekiti, Days After Oyo Assembly Invasion

Forum | 2 days ago