Okorocha says Aisha Buhari’s interview, President’s reaction taken out of context

Forum 7 years ago

Okorocha says Aisha Buhari’s interview, President’s reaction taken out of context

The Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha yesterday stated that reactions to the interview granted to the BBC by the Wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, as well as the President’s reaction to the interview were both taken out of context and wondered what the hullabaloo is all about.

Okorocha, who described the reactions trailing the two cases as distraction, urged that all hands must be on deck to salvage the country which he said was currently passing through trying times.

He equally maintained that the president’s reaction to the interview was just on a lighter mood, saying that Buhari was only cracking jokes.

Mrs. Buhari had in the interview with the BBC Hausa Service alleged that the president’s administration had been hijacked, adding that she would not campaign for his re-election in 2019 if he does not rejig his cabinet.

Buhari had during a joint Press conference he had with the German Chancellor, Angela Markel during his three-day visit to Berlin, while responding to a question regarding his wife’s remark, said his wife belongs in his kitchen, living room and the other room.

The Imo governor said Mrs. Buhari’s interview was not meant to pull down the government but to make peace among party members who are complaining of not being carried along.
He noted that the President’s reaction was also not meant to denigrate his wife or women generally, explaining that Buhari was smiling while responding to the question.

He said, “our nation is passing through a trying moment now, very difficult times ranging from economic, security to political challenges. This is the time all Nigerians irrespective of political parties, religion or culture must come together to see what we can do to salvage the situation and build a Nigeria of our collective hopes and aspiration.”

Okorocha, who narrated how his wife once joined some commissioners and workers in Imo to condemn certain official decision he took, said Aisha’s comments were not meant to disrespect the president or the All Progressives Congress, APC.

He reasoned that her comments were targeted at making peace with perceived aggrieved members of the APC.

“If you have been with the person of the President and where he cracks jokes, you will understand with me that it could be his style of jokes because even when he was responding, he was smiling, I don’t think the meaning that is given to it is what it is,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed
Forum | 1 day ago

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 2 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 2 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja