Why PDP lost Edo governorship election – Reps member

Forum 7 years ago

Why PDP lost Edo governorship election – Reps member

A member of the House of Representatives, Mr Johnson Agbonayinma has explained why the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lost September 28 governorship poll in Edo State?.
He said the PDP lost because of the internal crisis rocking the party both at local and national level.

Agbonayinma, who represents Egor/Ikpoba Okha Constituency under the umbrella of the PDP, stated this while fielding questions from newsmen in Abuja on Friday.

According to him, the party failed to resolve its problems before the election, noting that a house divided could never stand.

He said that politics was not a do-or-die affair, but regretted that many politicians so it as such hence frequent bickering in political parties.

The lawmaker called for an end to the “blame game’’ in the party.

He also hailed the reconciliatory move between Chairman of the party’s National Caretaker Committee, Sen. Ahmed Markafi and disputed Chairman of the party, Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff.

He said he had wished that the reconciliation was worked through before the election in Edo, “so that the party could win’’

Agbonayinma denied an allegation that he was bodily in PDP but had his soul with the APC, and said he was in politics for the good of people of his constituency.

“When there is a motion on the floor of the House, I support or oppose for the good of Nigerians; it doesn’t matter to me if it is sponsored by APC or PDP,’’ he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam
Forum | 2 hours ago

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam

Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension
Forum | 17 hours ago

Protesters Besiege PDP Secretariat, Demand Wike’s Suspension

PDP BoT Meeting Begins
Forum | 17 hours ago

PDP BoT Meeting Begins

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 17 hours ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others