Photos: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda

Forum 9 years ago

Photos: Aircraft Carrying US Soldiers Make Emergency Landing On A Highway In Uganda

An aircraft carrying U.S. military personnel today has made an emergency landing in the middle of a highway after running out of fuel, Ugandan police said.

The Piper aircraft with eight people on board, including two crew members was returning to Uganda’s Entebbe International Airport when it had to make an emergency landing in Mityana town, some 67 kilometers (about 41 miles) from the Ugandan capital of Kampala.
[ads4]
No one was hurt and the aircraft wasn’t damaged, but motor traffic flow was seriously disrupted.

The said aircraft was initially heading to South Sudan but it couldn’t land there and had to return to Uganda.

It was not immediately clear why the pilot could not land in South Sudan.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 18 hours ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market
Forum | 23 hours ago

Nigerian Army Confirms Two Soldiers Serving In Enugu Stabbed Each Other Publicly In Market

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 2 days ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal