Hillary Clinton admits ignoring doctor's orders; she thought pneumonia wasn't "that big a deal"

Forum 7 years ago

Hillary Clinton admits ignoring doctor's orders; she thought pneumonia wasn't "that big a deal"

Hillary Clinton says she didn't think her pneumonia diagnosis was "that big a deal" before she 'overheated' and almost collapsed during the 9/11 memorial service last Sunday.

The 68-year-old Democratic presidential nominee admitted she had ignored doctor's orders to rest and vowed to be back on the campaign trail within days after she was forced to cancel planned events following her near-collapse on Sunday.

Asked when she will return to campaigning, Clinton told CNN:

"Well, it will be in the next couple of days.

"I just want to get this over and done with and get back on the trail as soon as possible.

"I just didn't think it was going to be that big a deal."Asked if she passed out during the incident on Sunday, she said:

“No, I didn’t. I felt dizzy and I did lose my balance for a minute. Once I got in. Once I could sit down. Once I could cool off. Once I had some water, I immediately started feeling better.”The health problem was the latest blow for the Democratic presidential nominee at a time when Republican rival Donald Trump has erased most of her lead in national opinion polls and is competitive again in many battleground states where the Nov. 8 election is likely to be decided.

Hillary's campaign said her husband, former President Bill Clinton, would campaign on her behalf while she rests.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Kevin Feige Admits Marvel’s Failures & Plans To ‘Exceed Expectations’ in 2024
Forum | 22 hours ago

Kevin Feige Admits Marvel’s Failures & Plans To ‘Exceed Expectations’ in 2024

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs

I
Forum | 1 week ago

I'm Grateful to Big Brother for Making Me A Star – Ilebaye

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I actually like him – Gary Neville on Chelsea striker who has missed 21 big chances