Past administration forced our girls into prostitution in Italy – Betsy Obaseki

Forum 7 years ago

Past administration forced our girls into prostitution in Italy – Betsy Obaseki

Wife of Godwin Obaseki, the governorship aspirant under the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Edo State, Betsy Obaseki, has accused the past administration of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the state of pushing girls in the state into prostitution in Italy.
Betsy who has been busy pursuing the aspiration of her husband spoke to the Vanguard newspaper in an interview, pointing out that the girls should not be blamed because according to her, something forced them into such situation.

“Before we castigate our daughters who are engaging in trafficking or travelling to Italy, I think we should first sit down and ask why the situation is like that, it cannot just happen like that”, she declared.

She said the obvious reason was that previous governments have failed in the state.

She added “It is the failure of government that caused it.

“People leave the country to go to another country in search of greener pastures. A child who is comfortable in his father’s house will not leave for another man’s house.

“Children go out when they are badly treated at home, when they are not happy. So rather than government castigating these our women they should look inwards and accept that they have a responsibility to these girls.

“If you fix this state and make it attractive our girls will not leave. You can see that the trend started abating when Governor Oshiomhole came to power, they started seeing hope in Edo state and they are living here today doing one thing or the other.

“So past governments in this state failed our people and that is why they were all going to Italy. If you make this state attractive like the APC government is doing today, every body will want to come here and stay.

“So I will not join any one to castigate these girls at all, it is never their fault but the failure of the past governments. And I thank God for the Comrade Governor who has la!d the foundation for progress in this state.”

She assured that her husband, Obaseki will build upon what Oshiomhole had done and Edo people will see the state become greater.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 2 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 16, 2024
Forum | 5 days ago

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 16, 2024

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 5 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 15, 2024
Forum | 1 week ago

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 15, 2024