Aspirants fighting me because they are afraid of Tinubu – Ondo APC Chairman

Forum 7 years ago

Aspirants fighting me because they are afraid of Tinubu – Ondo APC Chairman

Hon. Isaac Kekemeke, chairman of the All Progressive Congress, APC, in Ondo State, has described some aggrieved members of the party as desperate individuals.
Kekemeke said this while reacting to allegations that he was backing a particular aspirant ahead of Saturday’s primary.

“What we have now are a few people who are becoming so desperate that they will stop at nothing to destabilise the party, debase it and give it a bad name.

“They have become spoilers and embarrassment to the leadership and teaming members of the party. They have also gone ahead to desecrate the culture and tradition of Akureland in their desperate moves and desire to embarrass the party.

“I also want to thank on behalf of the party, the Royal Majesty, Deji of Akureland Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi for reacting promptly that what they have done amount to desecration of the culture of Akure people and that everything will be done to make sure that they are brought to book.

“I want party members to begin to see that this is no longer a joke. It is an attempt by a few individuals to weaken and demonize the party leadership, so that they can leave the party weakened. Unfortunately, I want to assure them all that our party remains strong and we will not be weakened.

“I deliberately resisted making statements to enable us reconcile these differences immediately after elections. But the more I keep quiet, the more courage they get in their mischief making. They are fighting me for no reason because I am not the one to organise the party primaries.

“As at today, the process has been taken over by the National Executive Council through the National Working Committee and this is what is done everywhere. They have set up the machinery, the Governor of Jigawa is the chairman of the organising committee and his advance team is here already meeting with appropriate security agencies and sorting out logistics.

“So, where do I come in? The only thing they are doing now is to try to harass, intimidate and blackmail me to support them and I can never do that and as God liveth, they will never win.

“Most of them that are fighting are people who have put aspirant tag on their heads. I am the only one who doesn’t have aspirant tag on my head. Their action is idiotic. It is Idiotic for anybody to say that somebody of Asiwaju’s status will be overwhelmed by my recommendation or will be dictated to by me.

“I think they are afraid to fight Asiwaju because they know the consequences, so, they want to fight me. I have decided to hand them over to God to fight them”, he stated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 11 hours ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 1 day ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 1 day ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)