What would ‘Trump’ ‘Clinton’ – leadership or character

Forum 7 years ago

What would ‘Trump’ ‘Clinton’ – leadership or character

Hello and Happy August month to you all. I am a lot more excited writing this, being my second editorial for you all to read. I hope you enjoyed the last one titled “Where Are Africa’s Youth”. By the way, we are here. So this time, I am going to talk aboutLeadership, and a little about its first cousin – Character. I know a little bit about this subject, having met and interviewed 19 world leaders myself already.

Most of us know by now that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton are preparing for the United States Presidential race come November 2016. So, no matter who wins the election, history would be made one way or another. Hillary Clinton would be the first women to become president of the United States, and Donald Trump, at age 70, would become the oldest non incumbent person to become president (not to mention that he would be the first reality TV star to take that position – although that some might say that as he is running for office now, he is staring in his own new reality show as we speak).

Some things that voters look for is Leadership, and how well they think that the presidential candidate would do leading the country. Then they study Character. Now Hilary Clinton has had a lot of experience when it comes to leadership. She has held office as a New York senator, and as Secretary of State to the US. So when it comes to passing certain laws, and working with foreign policy issues, Hillary Clinton has experience. Donald Trump on the other hand, has a lot of experience when it comes to business, since after all he is a business man. He might be able to make decisions that would have effects on the US economy.

One of these two would become the 45th President and the decisions they make from January 2017 as the new leader of the US would affect the rest of the world, and that includes West Africa, including Nigeria.
Now about this incredible country with amazing potentials called Nigeria, what does the word Leader or Leadership mean? How do the citizens define Character. I read somewhere one very interesting African phrase about when you are shopping for fish in the open market, and this is what it said. “If the head of the fish is good, chances are that the rest of the fish is good”. If the head of the fish is bad, chances are the rest of the fish is bad”

Since we are talking about fish, you all know there are various types of fishes, and different sizes of fishes, and each one in its own ecosystem. Salt water Fish, fresh water fish etc. So let’s take a small ecosystem, like a small aquarium with about 25 different types of fishes. If the main Fish in the aquarium is good, maybe kind, and always interested in the well being of the rest of the fishes, then there is a good chance that the rest of the fishes would see this as an example of how to live.

Now, lets look at a huge ecosystem of maybe millions of fishes, various colors, sizes, species etc. There would probably be one main fish or a group of fishes in charge, and then many others as smaller leaders, and then the regular fishes. The same thing applies, like the small aquarium of 35 fishes. If the lead fishes are great in Leadership, and Character, then there is a good chance the rest of the millions of fishes would learn from the lead fishes in the huge ecosystem. One main quality for any leader I would say, is the word SELFLESS.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Acolyte Showrunner Compares Carrie-Anne Moss’ Star Wars Character to The Matrix
Forum | 3 weeks ago

The Acolyte Showrunner Compares Carrie-Anne Moss’ Star Wars Character to The Matrix

Ripley Character Posters Revealed for The Talented Mr. Ripley Series Adaptation
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Ripley Character Posters Revealed for The Talented Mr. Ripley Series Adaptation

Boy Kills World Character Posters Introduce Ensemble Cast
Forum | 1 month ago

Boy Kills World Character Posters Introduce Ensemble Cast

Apologize And Retract Your Statement - Lagos PDP Knocks Jandor Over Leadership Claim
Forum | 1 month ago

Apologize And Retract Your Statement - Lagos PDP Knocks Jandor Over Leadership Claim