Army Transfers Wanted Aisha Wakil To DSS

Forum 7 years ago

Army Transfers Wanted Aisha Wakil To DSS

The Nigerian Army has handed one of the three persons it declared wanted, Aisha Wakil, a lawyer, to the Department of State Security (DSS) after interrogation at a military facility for about four hours.
gathered that the self proclaimed friend of the Boko Haram terrorist group who said she had access to its members and was willing to facilitate a negotiation with the group with regards to the fate of the abducted Chibok girls, wrote a statement after the interrogation before she was transferred to DSS on Wednesday.

Recall that AishaWakil was declared wanted along with a Dubai-based Nigerian journalist, Ahmad Salkida and Ahmed Bolori over claims that they were privy to videos being released by Boko Haram and had knowledge of whereabouts of missing Chibok girls.

It was not clear why Wakil who voluntarily submitted herself to the Army authorities was handed over to the DSS but a source hinted that it was for further investigation as she could prove useful in getting to the root of the Chibok girls debacle. Before submitting herself to the military authorities, Wakil had complained in the post internet thus “Aisha Wakil to @HQNigerian Army. You are out for mischief. Yes I have links with Boko Haram and you have always known that”.

“I am Aisha Wakil. I understand that the military declared me, Ahmed Salkida and Ahmed Bolori wanted for having links with Boko Haram. It’s interesting, now they believe me.

“I know the Boko Haram boys. I have been in front fighting for peace long before Chibok girls were kidnapped. Nigerian security knows me too well, I am not shady. Why declaring me wanted?

“I have had some meetings with Chief of Army Staff and his people. I told them the way forward, to allow me come with some Commanders of Boko Haram and discuss with them, present the release of the Chibok School Girls but they choose to do things their own ways only, and never gave considerations to any of my suggestions.

“I want to inform Nigerian people of my innocence and make them realize that I am in constant relation with the security personnel and they know where to find me but wonder why I had to be declared wanted on national news even mentioning my husband name alongside. “This has put my immediate and extended family under a lot of pressure and I do not deserve this from the Nigerian government.

“Though they may not appreciate all my efforts to proffer peaceful solutions to the members of the Boko Haram, my name should not be spoiled nor my character defamed.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Wanted Terror Suspect Arrested In Kenya
Forum | 1 week ago

Wanted Terror Suspect Arrested In Kenya

Army Hands Over ‘Fake Soldiers’ To Police In Lagos
Forum | 1 week ago

Army Hands Over ‘Fake Soldiers’ To Police In Lagos

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia
Forum | 1 week ago

NSCDC Arrests Wanted Oil Thieves In Abia

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’