Zambia's President Edgar Lungu Declared Election Winner

Forum 7 years ago

Zambia's President Edgar Lungu Declared Election Winner

Zambia's President Edgar Lungu has been re-elected, according to official results, which are being challenged by the main opposition party.
The electoral commission said Mr Lungu had secured 50.35% in Thursday's vote, just over the 50% threshold needed to avoid a second round under a new electoral system.
His main rival, Hakainde Hichilema, who alleges electoral fraud, won 47.67%.
Earlier, his UPND party withdrew from the ballot verification process.
Zambia's capital Lusaka has been brought to a complete standstill.
Thousands dressed in the green and white of the Patriotic Front are celebrating on the streets of the city.
But the declaration by Zambia's electoral commission announcing Edgar Lungu as president-elect wasn't welcomed by all.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 5 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 5 days ago