Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker

Forum 7 years ago

Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker

The former chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has written a letter to the APC National Chairman, John Oyegun, apologising for his role in the emergence of Speaker Yakubu Dogara, against the wish of the party.

In a long letter dated Friday, August 12, Jibrin also called on the party to ask Dogara to vacate the speaker’s seat to allow for internal and external investigation without interference for sanity to return to the House.

Jibrin sought the APC’s forgiveness for leading a rebellion against the party last year, which preferred current House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, to Dogara as speaker.

Thus, he said, the party should nominate a speaker pro-tempo and mobilize its members to support him to take over and adjourn the House until when they would be due for resumption in September.

He said the party should also insist on internal reform of the activities of the House and ensure that the new speaker implements it fully and discuss the possibility of returning the N100bn constituency component of the 2016 budget.

The party had asked both Dogara and Jibrin to avoid making any further public comments on the budget controversy.

He said: “It took only a few weeks after the election for me to realize the corrupt and dangerous man inside the skin of Speaker
Dogara. That was when I started getting reports of his corrupt practices for many years in the House undetected. I fell apart will Speaker Dogara instantly.

Contrary to public believe, we have never been close since few weeks after he emerged Speaker.”

Jibrin also accused Dogara of being the godson of Senator Iyiola Omisore from whom he alleged the speaker takes orders.

He said “It will be dangerous and potentially disastrous for the party to keep Speaker Yakubu Dogara on that seat. I wish to state that I deeply regret the role I played in the emergence of Yakubu Dogara as Speaker.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan
Forum | 2 hours ago

Kaduna: Former Speaker Denies Approving $350m Loan

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 2 hours ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai
Forum | 1 day ago

Anti-Party: APC Speaks On Suspending El-Rufai