Niger Delta militants hired to disrupt Edo September 10 election — State Government

Forum 7 years ago

Niger Delta militants hired to disrupt Edo September 10 election — State Government

The Edo State Government says it has uncovered plots by a militant group to disrupt the state’s September 10 governorship election.
This is as the government alleged that militant group, the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, NDVF, plans to infiltrate the state through the waterways.

Disclosing this in a statement, the Senior Special Assistant on Media to Governor Adams Oshiomhole, Mr Musa Ebomhiana, said the militants are expected to infiltrate some major towns in the state where they will allegedly cause crises during the election.

Ebomiana said, ”The militants are expected to invade the state through the waterways in Ologbo, Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area and Agenebode, Etsako East Local Government Area. The other entry points are said to be Epkeri and Anegbete in Etsako Central Local Government Area and Siloko in the Ovia North East Local Government. About 4, 000 of these militants are said to have been hired to carry out this dirty job.

“One of the leaders of the group and an indigene of Edo State, who simply gave his name as J. C. Goddon otherwise known as Rambo, said he was duty-bound to expose this evil plan of his colleagues-in-arms because ‘we are for free, fair and peaceful election in Edo State and the entire Niger Delta, nothing less.

“Goddon also revealed that ‘I have advised some of my colleagues in other groups not to be used to destabilise the election in Edo. I also want to advise the youths here (Edo) not to allow themselves to be used to foment trouble before, during and after the election.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo
Forum | 5 hours ago

Nigerian Govt Applying Quasi-Subsidy on Fuel Price – TUC President, Osifo

Suspected Herdsmen Kill PDP Chieftain, Kidnap Two Others In Delta Community
Forum | 12 hours ago

Suspected Herdsmen Kill PDP Chieftain, Kidnap Two Others In Delta Community

Why Edo Is The Capital of
Forum | 1 day ago

Why Edo Is The Capital of 'Obidient' Movement - LP