Edo guber: You’re campaigning for me – Iduoriyekemwen tells Ize-Iyamu

Forum 7 years ago

Edo guber: You’re campaigning for me – Iduoriyekemwen tells Ize-Iyamu

The candidate of Ali Modu Sheriff-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the Edo governorship election, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen, has expressed happiness that Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, who is the flag bearer of the Ahmed Makarfi-faction of the party, is indirectly campaigning for him.
He based his position on the court ruling which favoured the Sheriff-led group of the party, restating his preparedness to flag off his campaigns next week, insisting that he remains the authentic candidate of the PDP for the September 10 election in the state and not Ize-Iyamu.

Iduoriyekemwen, however, carpeted the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, for committing what he called “a serious blunder last time,” saying: “But I am happy they have no choice now than to give me what belongs to me after the Federal High Court ruling last week which recognised Modu Sheriff as the authentic chairman of the PDP.”

According to him, “Ize-Iyamu has been campaigning for me; that is good after all we are all PDP members. So, I am urging all Edo people to come out on September 10 to vote PDP, with me as the candidate of the party so recognised by law.

“It is clear the Ali Modu Sheriff leadership of the party has remained and recognised by law. There is no place in the PDP constitution for a caretaker committee.”

Iduoriyekemwen explained that the court ruling made it clear that anything arising from the Port Harcourt convention or the Makarfi committee is a nullity. He urged the Edo people to remain resolute in their support for him, promising that he will run an all-inclusive government.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala
Forum | 2 days ago

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

Why Edo Is The Capital of
Forum | 4 days ago

Why Edo Is The Capital of 'Obidient' Movement - LP

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 6 days ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence