Check out what a desperate mother Elephant did after her calf got trapped in a well. (Photos)

Forum 7 years ago

Check out what a desperate mother Elephant did after her calf got trapped in a well. (Photos)

The dramatic moment villagers rescued a young elephant from a construction well after its mother stood by her baby throughout the night.

The calf got trapped while a herd of more than 60 elephants passed through a stretch of the Ramgarh district in India. Throughout Wednesday night the mother relentlessly kept trumpeting and tried to pull the calf out.

As she kept trying and continued wailing the whole night, a herd of eight tuskers remained on standby. And for the duration of the night the villagers of Sutri also remained wide awake, praying the herd would return to the nearby forest without causing any destruction.

As daylight broke people started gathering near the well, and the mother elephant made a peaceful retreat and joined the herd waiting behind the bushes.

Moved by her plight, a few brave and kind-hearted people decided to help.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister
Forum | 2 days ago

Spyro Shares Adorable Photos Of His Twin Sister

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 5 days ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 1 week ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

Nothing Must Happen To Me, My Grandson, And Mohbad’s Wife - Mohbad’s Mother Cries Out