Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Sonariwo Is Dead

Forum 7 years ago

Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Sonariwo Is Dead

The traditional ruler died at the age of 90 in London? after a brief illness.

The? late monarch ascended the throne on July 14, 1990,and was reported to have died in the presence of his wife, Abosede.

“He died Saturday evening in UK where he was flown to since July 17, this month, after a brief illness. He joined his ancestors in the presence of his Olori, Abosede, who accompanied him on the medical trip,” a family member in Sagamu
said ?on Sunday.

The deceased royal father was a reputed philanthropist and a former chairman of Ogun State Council of traditional rulers. He was also a patron of many clubs and societies both in
Sagamu and Lagos.

The family sources said his demise has been communicated to the Ogun State Government while formal announcement would be made later after proper traditional rites must have been carried out.

“He is a great philanthropist; he donated 30-bed ward to the Ogun State Teaching Hospital, Sagamu at a point in time. I can vividly remember that,” a Sagamu high chief said.

Mr. Sonariwo, who was born in Ita Eleye in Lagos State in 1936, attended St. John School, Aroloya, Lagos from 1941 to 1949 before he proceeded to Methodist Boys High School from 1950 till 1955.

He became an orphan at six and had dreamt of working with the Central Bank of Nigeria to become the governor “so that I would sign my name on the naira notes.”

He later travelled abroad for further studies and series of training in tax and accounting profession, and worked with the Inland Revenue Service.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 1 week ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 week ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 1 week ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo