Dino Melaye has killed a lawmaker before – Remi Tinubu begs IGP for protection [LETTER]

Forum 7 years ago

Dino Melaye has killed a lawmaker before – Remi Tinubu begs IGP for protection [LETTER]

Remi Tinubu, wife of National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has written to the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, seeking police protection.

Senator Tinubu (APC-Lagos), in a letter dated Monday July 18 explained to the IGP that she made the request following threat by Senator Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi).

The letter seen by DAILY POST recalled that “During the proceedings on July 14, 2016, I had cause to contribute to a matter of national importance. Apparently dissatisfied with my contributions, Senator Dino Melaye threw caution to the winds, resorted to vulgar abuse of my person and wanted to assault me.

“It was the timely intervention of a number of my colleagues which prevented Senator Melaye from unleashing physical attack on me”.

Remi Tinubu lamented that the Senate leadership refused to call Melaye to order.

She added that “In view of Senator Melaye’s antecedent, particularly in the House of Representatives, where a brawl led by him had led to the untimely death of a lawmaker, I have decided not to ignore his threat to my life.”

It would be recalled that former Governor Bola Tinubu had dared Melaye to beat his wife and see what he would do.

Narrating his own side of the story, Melaye said he flared up after Remi Tinubu called him a dog and a thug.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 1 day ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai
Forum | 1 day ago

Tinubu Has Spent Trillions of Naira on Subsidy Since Inception – El-Rufai

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees
Forum | 1 day ago

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees