My protection charm failed me – Suspected robber

Forum 7 years ago

My protection charm failed me – Suspected robber

The Lagos State Police Command, weekend, paraded one Nnamdi Onu, a member of a four-man robbery syndicate.
Onu and his gang specialized in terrorizing commuters at Anthony Bus Stop in the state, disposing them of cash and valuables.

Luck, however, ran out on them after they stormed the bus stop at about 5.45am on Friday where they robbed passengers waiting to board buses to their respective destinations.

The operation lasted till about 7am, when they snatched a bag from a lady and in the process of fleeing the scene, Onu was apprehended by a mob.

He was said to have brought out a red charm from his pocket and threatened to hit whoever got close to him with it; in the process, the mob withdrew out of fear.

This paved way for the other members of the gang to abscond, but Onu, was swiftly accosted by a team of policemen on patrol.

The policemen were said to have hit him with the charm and he slumped.

The Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, while parading the suspect alongside other suspects at the command headquarters yesterday told newsmen the suspect will be charged to court soon.

According to him, Onu was among 43 suspects arrested in the state in one month.

In his confession before newsmen, Onu said the charm was meant for protection, in case of any attack by intruders.

He said, “If used on anyone, the person will faint but won’t die.

“There are some that can cause an opponent to run mad, but I decided to use this because I did not want anybody’s blood to be on my head.”

The suspect, who claimed to be a Junior Secondary School 2 drop-out stated he was lured into morning raid by his friend, Wasiu.

He continued, “I used to be a private guard at a site in Ogun State.

“Wasiu only invited me to come to Anthony Bus Stop, but he did not tell me he was going for an operation.

“When I saw them snatching bags from female victims in particular, I could not turn back because I was afraid he could harm me,” the 25-year-old added, pleading to be forgiven and given a second chance to earn a living decently.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi
Forum | 2 days ago

How A Suspected Drug Kingpin Was Killed In Kogi

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men
Forum | 2 days ago

Plateau University Student Killed Hours After Asking God For Protection Over Gunshots By Armed Men

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat
Forum | 2 days ago

Truck Driver Arrested As Detectives Discover 1,040 Wraps Of Suspected Indian Hemp Being Offloaded From Boat

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu
Forum | 3 days ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Suspected Vandal, Recover Stolen Cables In Enugu