Ondo women blast Dino Melaye for threatening to beat up Tinubu’s wife, stage protest

Forum 7 years ago

Ondo women blast Dino Melaye for threatening to beat up Tinubu’s wife, stage protest

The All Progressives Congress (APC) women and other groups in Ondo State will today, Monday, stage a protest against Senator Dino Melaye in Akure for threatening to beat up Senator Oluremi Tinubu.
Their coordinator and former member of the state House of Assembly, Mrs. Fola Olasehinde-Vincente, who described the alleged attack on Tinubu as “too harsh on the Nigerian women,” said they would not sit and watch a man beat up their fellow woman.

Melaye has been facing general public criticisms for threatening to beat up the APC national leader’s wife during a squabble at the senate on Tuesday.

In a statement, the former lawmaker representing Ose Constituency said Melaye had records of assaults and physical attacks on women, especially with his first wife, Tokunbo.

“Melaye could flex his muscles if he so will, but not by being a bully in the Senate as evident in the way he sprang up from his seat and charged towards Senator Tinubu and threatened to physically assault her,” Olasehinde-Vincente said.

It said the action was the height of legislative rascality ever perpetrated by any lawmaker in the country.

The group called on every woman across the globe to rise up against any assault on fellow women, saying “an attack on one woman is an attack on all women”.

She urged women to join the procession scheduled to take place in Akure.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament
Forum | 14 hours ago

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 22 hours ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 22 hours ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja