"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

?FCTA impound vehicles involved in ‘one chance’, other offences

Forum 7 years ago

?FCTA impound vehicles involved in ‘one chance’, other offences

In its efforts to stem the use of illegal commercial vehicles to perpetrate criminal activities such as ‘one-chance’, the Federal Capital Territory Special Task Team on Abuja Environmental Protection has impounded 64 unpainted taxis and 4 Siena buses in Abuja.

Its Chairman, Squadron Leader Abdullahi Adamu Monjel (rtd.) made this disclosure at the weekend in his office in Abuja.

He revealed that some of the vehicles were, however, impounded for illegal parking to bring sanity in the Federal Capital City.

“The Task Team has also impounded 42 Keke NAPEP for operating outside the designated areas.

“In recent days, we operated in Area 1, Garki I District where several of the unpainted and unregistered taxis were being used at Berger Round-About, Apo Legislative Quarters as well as Wuse Market,” he said,

He added that vehicles parked illegally on walkways were similarly seized, as well as vehicles people slept in at nights.

Monjel further warned street hawkers and beggars to steer clear of Abuja as the long arms of the law would soon catch up with them.

He assured that the Task Team was determined to rid Abuja of environmental nuisances in consonance with the mandate given it by the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Why I missed big chance against Man City – Son Heung-min breaks silence
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Why I missed big chance against Man City – Son Heung-min breaks silence

Gen V Won’t Recast Chance Perdomo, Producers Issue Statement
Forum | 1 week ago

Gen V Won’t Recast Chance Perdomo, Producers Issue Statement

Abuja barber begs for funds after missing chance with Davido
Forum | 1 week ago

Abuja barber begs for funds after missing chance with Davido