"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Buhari has earned global popularity – France Ambassador

Forum 7 years ago

Buhari has earned global popularity – France Ambassador

France Ambassador to Nigeria, Denis Guaer, has given an indication on why President Muhammadu Buhari is popular in the international community.

The envoy said this in a chat with newsmen in Abuja.

His words: “Buhari presented the fight against corruption as his main priority objective and I think it is probably the main reason why he was elected.

“It is also the reason why he has become immediately so popular also abroad within the international community.

“Everybody is thinking this president is really willing this time to confront the problem of corruption.

“I think Buhari is really trying and trying very hard; it appears to me as a historical effort to fight corruption.’’

On the humanitarian crisis caused by Boko Haram insurgency, the envoy said: “This brings us back to the question of corruption also. In the whole northern part of Nigeria, public services are in a very bad shape.

“Education and healthcare are in very bad shape and this is a problem of governance; resources have to be rededicated to restore public services in the whole northern Nigeria.”

“That is difficult now because unfortunately the revenues of Nigeria are down because of the oil price and destruction of oil pipelines,’’ he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Former Nigerian Ambassador to Canada dumps PDP, joins APC
Forum | 1 week ago

Former Nigerian Ambassador to Canada dumps PDP, joins APC

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Godzilla x Kong’s Box Office Demolishes Godzilla vs. Kong’s Global Total

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla