Why FG Scrapped Post-UTME – Femi Adesina

Forum 7 years ago

Why FG Scrapped Post-UTME – Femi Adesina

The Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, Monday disclosed that the decision by the Federal Government to scrap post-University and Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) was informed by the need to make admission into tertiary institutions less cumbersome for Nigerian youths.

He made this disclosure at Effurun, Delta State when he bagged an award from the students of Four Square Gospel Fellowship of Federal University of Petroleum Resources, (FUPRE) during the 2016 Four Square Gospel Fellowship Students Week program in recognition for his distinguished service to the nation as a professional in the media industry and positive impart in the lives of young and upcoming generation of Nigerian leaders.

Mr. Adesina, who was represented by Mr. Emmanuel Ogoigbe, thanked the students for considering him for the award along with other prominent Nigerians including the Senator representing Delta Central Senatorial District, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege.

He urged the students to take their studies seriously since that was the only way they can become useful to themselves and the society, adding that they should act as worthy ambassadors of the nation anywhere they found themselves.

He reiterated President Buhari’s resolve to empower young Nigerians through the current empowering program of the federal government, which will employ about 5,000 youths across the country in the next two years.

According to him, the massive investment on agriculture as promised by Mr. President was a laudable one, assuring that most Nigerians will benefit from it.

“I wish to express my profound gratitude for considering me for this award. It is indeed a worthwhile honour. As you all know the nation is going through a process championed by President Mohammadu Buhari, whose tireless effort to redeem Nigerians from the shackles of oppression, corruption and all forms of criminality should be encouraged by all Nigerians.

On his part, the Chairman of the FUPRE 2016 Students Fellowship Week programme, Mr. Onni Joseph Yusuf who presented the award to Mr. Adesina, said the students in FUPRE have been monitoring his activities for a while and they have found him worthy of the award.

He said further that Mr. Adesina has distinguished himself as one of the best media practitioners in the country who has contributed a lot to the development of the nation.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Social Media Users Drag Layi Wasabi Over Recent Post About Bachelors Life
Forum | 6 days ago

Social Media Users Drag Layi Wasabi Over Recent Post About Bachelors Life

College of Nursing & Midwifery, Gombe Post Basic HND in Nursing, 2024/2025
Forum | 1 week ago

College of Nursing & Midwifery, Gombe Post Basic HND in Nursing, 2024/2025

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Zubby Michael Shares Cryptic Post After Being Dragged by Angela Okorie