Ize-Iyamu wants APC to account for N30bn Storm Water project

Forum 7 years ago

Ize-Iyamu wants APC to account for N30bn Storm Water project

PDP candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has challenged the APC administration in the state to explain what it did with the N30 billion it borrowed for the Benin Water Storm Project, which he said has been abandoned by the government.

Ize-Iyamu threw the challenge at Evbotubu, a suburb of Benin-City where he went to commiserate with the family of Osarobo Obayuwana, an Okada rider who died when he slipped into a gully while returning home. The PDP candidate said the Edo State Government should be held responsible for his death due to its negligence.

“He died because the Edo State Government was negligent. You cannot dig a hole of this magnitude and abandon it. We are not against the government trying to do drainages because it is something I am sure people will applaud, but to start such a project and abandon it is criminal because it has created more problem than it was meant to solve.

“Government should have known that this is rainy season because there are people who will pass through it without knowing the dangers it posed. We are very concerned with the development of this place.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 16 hours ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

Something in the Water Trailer Previews Shark Attack Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Something in the Water Trailer Previews Shark Attack Movie

Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show
Forum | 1 day ago

Fallout Season 2: Fallout 3 Radio DJ Wants to Appear in Show

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)