"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Photos: 10-Year-Old Boy Put On Extreme Diet Over Fears He Could Die From Obesity

Forum 7 years ago

Photos: 10-Year-Old Boy Put On Extreme Diet Over Fears He Could Die From Obesity

Arya Permana, who weighs 30st 3lbs, is being put on an extreme diet as his parents try desperately to save him. The young boy is considered as one of the world's fattest children and cannot physically walk unaided or go to school.

His rapid weight gain began aged just two, when his mum and dad noticed he was much larger than his older brothers were at his age.

His mother Rokayah Somantri said: "My son is growing up at a rapid rate and I am worried for his health. I do not know any other way to stop him from gaining more weight than to give him less food.
"He is perpetually hungry and has an enormous diet and can actually eat meals of two adults at one time. He is always tired and complains of shortness of breath.

Arya, the second son of Rokayah, 35, and her husband Ade Somantri, 45, a farmer, was born at home via natural birth and weighed a normal 0.50st (3.2kg).
But by the time he turned two years old, Arya had gained weight at an abnormal rate for his age.

The helpless parents have now put Arya on a diet of brown rice in the hope of controlling his weight.

"No mother wants to stop feeding her children but I am unfortunate and helpless. I have started putting him on brown rice diet.
"I am not sure if it helps but this is the only thing I can do to stop him from growing bigger," added Rokayah.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Oritse Femi makes shocking revelation on Burna Boy and his mother
Forum | 23 hours ago

Oritse Femi makes shocking revelation on Burna Boy and his mother

Seven die in Iseyin-Ibadan road crash
Forum | 1 day ago

Seven die in Iseyin-Ibadan road crash

Bad Boys: Ride or Die Trailer: Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Become Suspects in Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Bad Boys: Ride or Die Trailer: Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Become Suspects in Action Sequel

Back in Action Photos Set Release Date for Cameron Diaz & Jamie Foxx Netflix Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Back in Action Photos Set Release Date for Cameron Diaz & Jamie Foxx Netflix Movie