As Buhari Lands In Nigeria, Fayose Gives Him Welcome Attack - See What He Said

Forum 7 years ago

As Buhari Lands In Nigeria, Fayose Gives Him Welcome Attack - See What He Said

President Muhammad Buhari has declared that he is fit and ready to assume position as Nigeria's President.

Buhari, who earlier travelled to the UK to treat ear infection, said he was okay and can even wrestle with anyone.

The President was received by Zamfara State Governor, Abdulaziz Yari; Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello; members of the Federal Executive Council, top government officials, federal lawmakers and service chiefs, among others in Abuja airport on Sunday.

On arrival, Buhari inspected a guard of honour mounted by men of the Guards Brigade.

"You have seen me. You saw me when I was going. You can do the assessment yourself.
"I am okay. You can see me inspecting the guard of honour. You can see I am taller than you. Do you want to wrestle with me? You can do so," Buhari said.

Meanwhile, Ekiti state governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has told the President Mohammadu Buhari led All Progressives Congress (APC) to stop harassing his government by threatening functionaries of the government with arrest and looking for how his election was funded, declaring that; "my election was not funded with public fund and President Buhari and his APC should also tell Nigerians how their own elections were funded."

Addressing journalists in Abuja on Sunday, June 19, Fayose said; "Certain top functionaries of the Ekiti State government and some important members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State, and some associates of mine, have now been pencilled down for arrest and indefinite detention by the EFCC under the guise of investigating the funds spent by the PDP on the June 21, 2014 governorship election and the Presidential election."

He disclosed that "some politicians from Ekiti state, including an Ekiti born Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and self-professed human rights activist and a special adviser to the Vice President are involved in the plot being coordinated through the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and the Attorney General of the Federation."

He said the game plan was to make those to be arrested get detained indefinitely, forced them to make statements incriminating him, while at the same time feeding the public with orchestrated fake reports, using their usual media organs.

The governor however advised those behind the plot "to keep their gun power dry and should not be in a hurry, but rather, wait till the end of my tenure in 2018."

He challenged the EFCC to tell Nigerians why it was silent on the many petitions submitted to it against APC leaders, especially former governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi.

Meanwhile, Fayose has revealed how his predecessor, Kayode Fayemi, who is now a minister in the cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari plunged Ekiti state into debt.

Fayose revealed this after he could no longer pay workers salary and pension of retirees in the state.

In a breakdown of Ekiti state allocation form the federation account from December 2015 to May 2016, Fayose said the APC government of Kayode Fayemi did not pay May, June and July 2014 Cooperative and Unions Deductions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 5 hours ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 6 hours ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 6 hours ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 1 day ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun