Photo: Council chairman in Delta state escape death after her security aide shot her several times at close range

Forum 8 years ago

Photo: Council chairman in Delta state escape death after her security aide shot her several times at close range

Chairman of Ndokwa East Local Government Area of Delta State, Nkechi Chukwurah, escaped death by the whiskers after one her of security aides simply identified as David opened fire on her at close range.

Speaking from her hospital bed in Asaba, Delta State, Mrs Chukwurah said she had just closed from a church thanksgiving service on the fateful day and was about to enter her Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) when the security aide who was seated at the front turned and pointed his gun at her.

He immediately opened fire on her, firing severally before other security aides rushed at him and seized the gun. Mrs Chukwurah, who recently returned to office after being suspended by the state House of Assembly over allegations of misappropriation of public funds, said that the bullets hit her at the stomach, hand and thighs. She was rushed to the hospital by sympathisers.

According to the Sun, the suspect was arrested and during interrogation confessed that strange voices told him to shoot his boss.

"My orderly just opened the door for me to enter the vehicle while the policeman sitting in the in the front seat turned and face me with his gun.The next thing I saw was fire all over me, as he shot at me consistently. I was lucky the bullet did not open my stomach. I was hit in other parts. It was God who saved my life,” she narrated on phone.

A source within the Delta State Police command headquarter confirmed the incident yesterday, adding that the suspect has been arrested and the matter currently under investigation.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Kwara State College of Nursing, Ilorin Basic Nursing Admission 2024/2025
Forum | 1 day ago

Kwara State College of Nursing, Ilorin Basic Nursing Admission 2024/2025

Council polls: Kwara PDP fixes councilorship, chairmanship primaries
Forum | 2 days ago

Council polls: Kwara PDP fixes councilorship, chairmanship primaries

Sokoto State University Diploma, Certificate & Part Time admission form, 2024/2025
Forum | 2 days ago

Sokoto State University Diploma, Certificate & Part Time admission form, 2024/2025

Sokoto State University undergraduate & DE students credentials verification exercise, 2023/2024
Forum | 2 days ago

Sokoto State University undergraduate & DE students credentials verification exercise, 2023/2024