"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Pres. Buhari’s wife donates N55 million to parents of Chibok girls, Buni Yadi boys

Forum 7 years ago

Pres. Buhari’s wife donates N55 million to parents of Chibok girls, Buni Yadi boys

President Muhammadu Buhari’s wife, Aisha, on Tuesday in Abuja, presented a N55 million cheque to parents of Chibok school girls and Buni Yadi school boys, who were abducted and murdered respectively by Boko Haram.

Mrs. Buhari presented a cheque of N30 million to parents of the Chibok girls and N25 million cheque to parents of the Buni Yadi boys.

She said the presentation of the cheque was part of her promise that proceeds from the book she launched on “Essentials of Beauty Therapy’’ would be used to empower parents of the Chibok girls and Buni Yadi boys.

She said,
“The day I launched my book, I promised that the proceed will be used to empower the parents of missing Chibok girls and the Buni Yadi boys.

“And I am here today to present a cheque of N30 million to empower the parents of the girls and also a cheque of N25 million to empower the parents of the murdered Bunu Yadi boys.”Mrs. Buhari said the rest of the proceed would be used to take care of Internally Displaced malnourished children.

Vice President Yemi Osibanjo’s wife, Dolapo, commended Mrs. Buhari for the gesture, saying “this shows the quality of a good leader”.

The wife of the vice president received the cheque on behalf of the parents of the Chibok girls, while the Minister for State, Foreign Affairs, Khadijat Bukar, received the cheque on behalf of the parents of the Buni Yadi boys, NAN reports.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The Young Wife Trailer: Kiersey Clemons & Leon Bridges Star in Drama Movie
Forum | 22 hours ago

The Young Wife Trailer: Kiersey Clemons & Leon Bridges Star in Drama Movie

The Boys Season 5 Set as Prime Video Renews Superhero Series
Forum | 1 day ago

The Boys Season 5 Set as Prime Video Renews Superhero Series

Nigerian pastor Oluronbi, wife bag 34 years jailterm for raping church members in UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerian pastor Oluronbi, wife bag 34 years jailterm for raping church members in UK

New Guy Ritchie Movie Wife and Dog Unveiled, Is About British Aristocracy
Forum | 2 days ago

New Guy Ritchie Movie Wife and Dog Unveiled, Is About British Aristocracy